Department of Computer and Information Science
723 W. Michigan Street, SL 280
Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
Indianapolis, IN 46202-5132
CSCI 53700: Introduction to Distributed Computing
Instructor: Dr. Rajeev Raje
Introduction to the principles and methods in the design of distributed
computing systems. The topics to be covered, in this class, are listed in the
- No late assignments (and the project) will be accepted. All the assignment
components (code and report) and the semester project report will have to be
turned-in on the specified date before the class.
- During the semester, many announcements will be sent to the cs53700
list. Hence, everyone must subscribe to the mailing list. These
announcements will also be posted on the (this) CSCI 53700 web-page. Everyone
should check their mails and this web-site regularly.
- All the assignments must work on CS department's computing systems.
Assignments will have to be submitted using submitd
command on Pegasus.
- The semester project MUST BE a group-effort.
Students are encouraged to discuss the concepts and principles amongst
themselves. Such discussions help in understanding the material and/or
different aspects of the topics taught in the class. However, student
cooperation should not result in identical or near identical
answers/code/documentation. ALL THE MATERIAL SUBMITTED FOR GRADING MUST BE
YOUR OWN EFFORT, UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE BY THE INSTRUCTOR.
Statements of Academic integrity
All students are responsible for reading the Code of Student Rights,
Responsibilities, and Conduct of Indiana University Purdue University
Indianapolis and abiding by it.
There are a number of campus-wide policies governing the conduct of courses at
IUPUI. These can be found here:
- 11/12/12 -- Assignment 4 is posted.
- 10/29/12 -- Assignment 3 is posted.
- 10/17/12 -- Assignment 2 is posted.
- 9/12/12 -- Assignment 1 is posted.
- 8/20/12 -- Class notes will be periodically placed in the /usr/local/examples/rajeev/53700/notes directory on Pegasus. The first
set of slides are available in the above directory.
- 8/20/12 -- Students should subscribe to the mailing list.