Homework #2 (110 points)Due: Thursday, Sept. 27
All numbered problems are from the course text by A. Leon-Garcia and I.
All submitted work must be your own contribution and nobody else's!
Collaboration in homework is not allowed.
- [15 points]Text, problem 5-11.
- [15 points]Text, Problem 5-25.
- [35 points]Text, Problem 5-27 (Hint: you can use any language. For simplicity, assume it is a unidirectional transmission. Moreover, the error in a frame or an ACK can be treated as the
sender or receiver refrains from sending the frame or the ACK.)
- [15 points]Text, Problem 5-52, 53, 54.
- [15 points]Text, problem 3-63.
- [15 points] Suppose you are designing a Go-Back-N ARQ for a 986 Kbps point-to-point link with the propagation delay (two-way) 788 ms (say).
Assuming each frame carries 3 KB of data (excluding header) , and
no=na=25B, what is the window size for
Suppose the bit error probability p=10-5,
what is the efficiency of this Go-Back-N ARQ.
[Recall 1 Kb =103b,1KB =1024 B, 1B=8b].
Back to class webpage