Complete the IUPUI Online Application: Please be sure to complete the Personal Statement regarding your goals and plans for your professional career in the on-line application, and include information for your recommendation providers. Electronic copies of transcripts and degree certificates may be attached to the application for an initial review. An application fee will be charged which may be paid by credit or debit card.
Fall 2020 IUPUI Graduate Student Application
Spring 2021 IUPUI Graduate Student Application
Submit the following items (some may be submitted electronically, as part of the application--see above):
- Transcripts and degree certificates: One original copy of the official transcript(s) of all previous university work is required (with English translation, if applicable); this includes transcripts for programs that were not ultimately completed. All degrees awarded should be documented. A list of university courses and their titles which do not appear on the transcript(s) should also be submitted, if applicable.
- Electronic copies may be submitted (we do not require official hard copies at the time of application); please attach these as Additional Uploads in the application. If selected for admission, you will be required to provide your original documents at a later time.
- If you choose to send hard copies at this time, note that all transcripts and degree certificates must be in original, stamped, and sealed envelopes issued by the appropriate university/college authority. Loose or unattested copies cannot be accepted.
- We do not accept transcripts or other academic documents from WES, or any other external credentials analysis agency.
- English language proficiency can be waived by applicants who have received a baccalaureate degree or graduate or professional degree within 36 months from a school where English is the primary language of instruction/where English is the native language. (see Test Scores below for more information)
- Statement of purpose: Please attach to the electronic application. There is no specific format or page length requirement for the SOP.
- Letters of Recommendation: We require three letters of recommendation from people familiar with you and your student and/or professional career. There is no specific format required for the letters of recommendation.
- Enter the recommendation provider name and email addresses in the appropriate section of the application; once submitted, providers can directly submit their letters attached to your application.
- If recommendations are submitted electronically, please do not send duplicate hard copies.
- Test Scores: GRE and/or English language proficiency scores, if appropriate. Only official score reports from the testing agency are acceptable. Please note, at this time we are not able to accept IELTS scores electronically; paper score reports can take 2-4 weeks to be delivered to the department through the mail, so please plan accordingly.
- IUPUI's institution code for ETS test reporting (GRE and TOEFL) is 1325.
- GRE scores are required for all applicants; there is no specific minimum score requirement that must be met.
- English proficiency scores must meet all requirements listed (both total and section minimums, if applicable)
- TOEFL--80 Total, 19 Reading, 14 Listening, 18 Speaking & Writing
- IELTS (Academic test only)--overall band score of 6.5 or higher, 6.5 Reading, 6.0 Listening, 6.0 Speaking, 5.5 Writing
- We cannot accept completion of ELS Intensive English coursework or IUPUI EAP test scores as sufficient proof of English proficiency for admission purposes
- For temporary changes to English proficiency admission requirements during COVID-19, please visit https://international.iupui.edu/admissions/how-apply/graduate/EP-Updates.html
- Financial documentation (international students requiring F-1 sponsorship only): We do not require financial documentation at the time of application. If you are ultimately selected for admission, you will be given an opportunity to submit the necessary financial documents at that time. For more information about finances for international students, please visit the Graduate Students section on the following website--http://international.iupui.edu/admissions/tuition-fees.html.
Please do not submit the following documents, as our admissions committee does not consider them as part of their review:
- Intermediate, secondary, middle or high school transcripts (anything prior to bachelor's program)
- Technical certification documents
- Participation, extracurricular or employment certificates or letters (a 1-2 page CV/resume may be submitted, but is not required)
- Multiple copies of documents
Applicants who are interested in being considered for departmental financial assistance may be subject to additional requirements/constraints; for more information please contact email@example.com.
If you have additional questions during the application process, do not hesitate to contact a graduate advisor at (317) 274-9727, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All hard copy documents should be submitted to the following address:
Graduate Admissions Committee
723 W. Michigan Street, SL 280
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202